We’re only 1 ½ weeks away from a new year.
One. And. One. Half. Weeks. Yikes!
How about we end this “eventful” year on a positive note? Shall we?
New Years Eve is a great chance to brush off the old, and ring in the new. And whether you want to club the night away with friends, attend a Watch night worship service, or hang with a boo- Chicago is here to help you keep it festive. There’s even something for the kids. Here are 7 Chicago New Years Eve events you should know about:
FOR THE CLUBBERS:
1) Black Metropolis- Promontory Chicago – 8 pm– 3 am- Hosted by Party Noire.
First, can we give kudos for the name? Ok. Cool name aside– This event features live performances from local Chicago favorites and sounds by Chicago’s DJ Rae Chardonnay and DJ Lisa Decibel. Patrons will enjoy hors d’oeuvres, an open bar, a mid-night champagne toast, and an assortment of goodies from local Hyde Park favorites. More info at http://www.thepartynoire.com.
2) 43rd Street Takeover- NYE 2017- Room 43 & Norman’s Bistro- 8 pm-2am
Featuring Bi-level House Music pumped by the world famous Chosen Few DJs @ Room 43 Eclectic Sounds by DJ Imani, Koko and DJ Doug @ Norman’s Bistro
The music should be lit!
Tickets $25 Presale
More info at https://chosenfewnye.eventbrite.com/
3) NYE 2017 Cabaret- Cambria Hotel 9 pm-3 am
Looking to head downtown? Pyramid Chicago and The Movemakers present NYE 2017 Cabaret. This two-room celebration will feature light buffet and champagne toast. Hot DJ lineup on the 1’s and 2’s includes DJ MileHigh and DJ Commando. Get more details at www.eventsbypyramid.com
FOR THE ONE WHO WANTS TO ATTEND CHURCH:
4) Celebration for Destination Watch Service at Apostolic Church of God- 9:30 pm w/Special Guests- Kim McFarland, Jo Jo Martin and Bryan Andrew Wilson. Apostolic Church of God is known to have a powerful and festive NYE Watch Service. And this year is likely to be no exception. Join the celebration at Apostolic Church of God on Chicago’s South side.
FOR THE FAMILY:
New Years Eve is often about the fly outfits, parties and champagne toasts. But why leave the little ones out of the fun?
5) Noon Year’s Eve at Chicago Children’s Museum
Activities include making festive crowns and noisemakers, a dance party, a countdown to noon. Kids get to enjoy a fun confetti drop. Free with museum admission. 10:30am-12:15pm
FOR THE FUNNY:
There’s a battle of the radio stations this New Years Eve. Our most popular urban radio stations are competing for your coins, and hoping to have you laughing into the New Year.
6) WGCI’s New Years Eve Comedy Jam with Host Leon Rogers with Co-host Nene Leakes- Arie Crown Theatre
Comedy by Deon Cole, Michael Blackson, DeRay Davis, Lil Duval and DC Young Fly.
Tickets available here.
7) V103 NYE Comedy Jam Featuring Nephew Tommy at Chicago Theatre
Also featuring Bill Bellamy, Don D.C. Curry, Capone and Melanie Camacho. Tickets available here.
Here’s to a fulfilling, and safe New Years celebration.
An early Happy New Year and Life-Style-Chicago will back in January 2017.