Want to skip the crazy lines and mall parking lots during Black Friday? You’re in luck. Chicago’s Black-owned businesses are offering GREAT opportunities to shop small and buy Black.
Here are 10 Black Friday/Small Business Saturday events you should know about:
Black Friday- November 25
1.Black Market Friday: Live Black Buy Black Give Black- Promontory Chicago- Hyde Park -12-7 pm
The #LetUsBreathe Collective, the Chicago Restoration Project, and Afrika Fifty6 joins forces for its Black Business Market event. The event will include 20 of Chicago’s Black owned businesses under one roof with live performances throughout the day.
2. Members Boutique Chicago Black Friday – Homewood, IL
Members Boutique and others, including our favorite tea brand, Love Tea, are doing a collabo. Check them out.
3. Rebrand Chicago’s Cash In – Gallery Guichard – Bronzeville– 6 pm -10 pm
An “all-black everything” experience featuring shopping, live musical performances, food, and more. Among the vendors are Reformed School, Salubria Holistic Beauty, and Savvy Settings Home. Tickets available at https://www.eventbrite.com/e/cash-in-tickets-28244901260#tickets. This is a hot one.
4. Divine Sole Boutique- 18109 Dixie Hwy, Homewood, IL
The trendy women’s boutique is offering serious discounts for the holiday.
5. Anjel’s Boutique- 18050 Dixie Hwy, Homewood, IL- Off-the-moment ladies fashions and accessories
6. Kham’ryn B Shoes & Accessories- 8301 S. Ashland Ave- is offering 50% off from 8 am- Noon
7. Curve Culture Boutique– (South Loop and Beverly) – A highly popular women’s boutique for ladies size (12-22).
Small Business Saturday- November 26
8. Standout Style Boutique- 3353 S. Morgan Street– 12 pm- 5pm -Small Business Saturday Day Party- Attendees will enjoy bites, drinks and giveaways while listening to sounds pumped by DJ Liltal. Featuring local, female entrepreneurs offering fashion, beauty & lifestyle products. Featured vendors: Standout Style, Love Verse, Kaike, Love Peridot, Curvy Fabulosity and Cara Inspires & PYB Agency. RSVP at https://www.eventbrite.com/e/smallbizsat-day-party-tickets-28808959373. Event is free.
9. The Silver Umbrella/Sip and Savor– Hyde Park’s coolest consignment shop and coffee shop have joined forces for a special holiday sale.
At Silver Umbrella- 20% off; 30%off purchases over $100 11 am- 5pm
Fashions, shoes and accessories for women and men.
With proof of every purchase at The Silver Umbrella from 3PM-5PM, Sip and Savor will offer 25% OFF a glass of wine, 50% OFF Stella Artois and Blue Moon.
10. Absolutely Anything Essential Gift Shop- Tons of vendors combine for this awesome Small Business Saturday event. There’s something for everyone.